Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beauty Maintenance - Getting Lifted

 
Hi Loves! I'm soooo needing a bit of sprucing up, maybe its because spring might actually be here and  that feeling of everything needing to be refreshed in the house, out of the house...suddenly everything looks tired including me! I've decided I needed some serious face attention! (It could be that this weekend is my 22nd wedding anniversary & feeling nostalgic looking back on wedding photos remembering when my eyes were a bit higher on my face-seriously when did that happen?)

I went to see Renee, aka the Brow Queen and resident licensed esthetician at Salon Estem located in downtown Glen Ellyn to help give my face a bit of a lift. (Shhh...boy does she have some tricks up her sleeve. I tell you the before picture is sans any beauty products so there it is.... all natural...no makeup if you know me this is an issue, I don't get the mail without makeup on ;-)
What can I say??? 25 years in the beauty business has left a lasting impression on me!

Yikes like one of those tabloid pix caught without makeup


Renee recommended a couple of things to address my concerns about everything dropping on my face and the fact that my brows could be shaped and tinted to give more definition to framing my eyes & ultimately giving more balance to the face. She also provided a treatment by NuFace which is a micro current that stimulates & lifts the muscle. Much like Pilate's for the face. It was a technology first discovered when treating individuals with Bells Palsy. And its the only FDA approved equipment which can be used in the privacy of your own home! It lasts for 72 hours in one treatment so for a special event (wedding, class reunion, special date) its a must. (However~ you can continue these benefits and improving the skin by owning one! and doing the treatment every couple of days while you are watching TV.)


After Lash and Brow Tint
Before Lash and Brow Tint

 


In addition to being the Brow Queen, she wields a pretty amazing air gun! Creating a sun drenched glow with her customized tanning product, you do not have to go thru winter being pasty! Highly recommend this service. PRO Tips: remember wear an old bikini and dark clothing that you would not care if you got a bit of product on to wear home and exfoliate and shave the day before the appointment, AND do not do this the day of your wedding or special event!)

I sat with Renee to ask her a few beauty tips for my readers.

BC: Renee, What do you clients love about their services with you?

R: My clients are like most people wanting to have some relaxation time yet have a results oriented skincare treatment, I am known for striving to give them more than they expect or came in for, always making sure to spending more time on their massage or if their skin needs extra boost customizing their masque with special enhancements.

BC: You are known for your brows! I have had someone ask me if you do my brows before. What's so special about your technique?

R: I use a specialty wax which is much gentler on the skin to start with, and I truly groom the brows for the individuals bone structure to make sure its the best shape for their face, I always give them tips on how to maintain at home & frequently recommend tinting them, especially wonderful for warmer months when hair color can get washed out due to the sun exposure. I also recommend tinting eyelashes for much of the same reason, and often women want to go with out mascara so they can swim and enjoy the outdoors in our shorter summer season. (EDITORS NOTE: Never mind just looking amazing when you wake up in the morning!)

BC: If I could only have 2 products in my beauty arsenal, what would you recommend?

R: The product hands down that I cannot live without is our time released Retinol Resurfacing Nighttime Complex, its going to deliver gentle resurfacing without any redness, ,dryness and irritation typically associated with a vitamin A product. its the number one skincare treatment sold here at Salon Estem. (BEAUTY EDITORS NOTE: retinols are proven methods for stimulating collagen, thickening the skin and turning cell over...as we age cells get sluggish and turn over much slower resulting in dry, dehydrated dull conditions)
 And our Radiance Boost Toner used daily this will perfect your skin, leaving it luminous and makeup looking flawless throughout the day.

BC: What is the best cycle to come in for facials, it is once a year or twice a year?? or weekly? (that would be my choice!)

R: If there are not any corrective conditions such as rosacea or acne, roughness, hyper pigmentation, then I recommend every 6 weeks to keep the skin looking optimal. By keeping a regular routine, we keep the skin in perfect health, we are going to work on keeping pores clear, and refined, (especially important as one gets into the peri menopause and menopause age because our hormones also affect our skin & the size of our pores gets larger as we age) but also to stimulate the muscles, lifting and contouring the skin, making sure that we relax the face so that stress doesn't show up - which can be quite aging. It's not only relaxing but we do a wonderful facial treatment including a cleansing massage, analyze the skin, talk about the current care and what the concerns are and build a proper plan around the conditions present. We provide a deep exfoliation-this helps whisk away build up and milia (EDITORS NOTE: those little hard white seedy looking things that you can not squeeze to remove yourself! Believe me, I have tried!) that can show up on the skin, and rejuvenating massage that will leave you looking and feeling better ( most people get an amazing nap!) followed by a customized mask and appropriate eye care, serum and moisturizer.

BC: I heard of a group of girls planning a STAYCATION over spring break, they couldn't get away due to various schedules, so they planned a night at one house, everyone showed up with a themed dinner component and most wore vacation type clothes, including sporting a self tan service! That's one way of bringing the vacation to you! Tell me about the sun service you offer at Salon Estem & any tips you have for someone considering this service.

R: Considering our short summers here, why not have this year round? At least you can look someone glowing in winter :-)
Our self tan service its very effective, and gives a boost of confidence because you look better right away. Its perfect before a special event where you might be showing more skin is strapless dress.

Here's a snapshot of Renee, she is amazing with her hands! I love her massage and I am so happy with my brows being shaped and tinted! She's pure magic!

Renee, LE



This is me after she got her hands on me! Notice the difference in the jawline and brows from the NuFace~

 
Let Renee get you gorgeous, simply mention The Beauty Curators Blogpost and you can receive 10% off any service with Renee thru the end of May.You can make an appointment by calling 630.534.4555
Pricing Brow wax $20, Brow Tint $10, Lash Tint $15, Nu Face Current only without a facial $60 and a spray tan $43, you can actually shower as early as 2 hours after this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment